Eat it with pasta, spread it on a sandwich, make dressing with it or use it as a dip. I’m a self confessed pesto addict. I think I could eat it every single day and not get sick of it. Today I decided to make a batch with some sun dried tomatoes as I found a beautiful box of them on sale at the supermarket. I’ve also substituted cashews for the classic pine nuts you would find in most pesto. Cashews aren’t as expensive but they taste just as good! All you have to do is soak the tomatoes and blend them with the rest of the ingredients! Idiot-proof, really.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 13 sun dried tomatoes*
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup tightly packed basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- sea salt
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes in water for 2 hours, do not discard the water.
- One the tomatoes are ready, blend in a food processor with the cashews, basil, garlic and vinegar.
- Use 5 tablespoons of the water that was used to soak the tomatoes and add to the processor. Keep pulsing and gradually add the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in a jar and keep in the fridge!