Why has it taken until now for this amaaazingly decadent dessert to be a part of my life?! And wait – how is it possible that these pots of chocolatey goodness don’t contain any sugar or sweetener? *Insert 10 heart eyed emojis right here!* I know that so far, most of my recipes have been savoury, but I’m super excited to venture into the healthy desserts category! There’s so much to explore, and it’s great to know that we don’t need to sacrifice taste in order to eat well.
These raw vegan treats seem so rich and sinful, but they only contain 4 ingredients – all of which are natural and good for you. The fats from the avocado & coconut give the mousse a lovely thick and creamy texture, whilst the dates are the sole ingredient used for sweetness.
I dare you to serve these at a party and let people guess the what’s inside!
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 large avocado (or 2 hass avocadoes)
- 2½ teaspoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- Optional: pomegranates for topping
- Begin by pitting the dates and adding them to a food processor. Blend until a paste is formed.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado, and add it to the dates along with the cacao powder and coconut cream.
- Process until smooth, chill in the fridge for an hour and serve.
- Optional: garnish with pomegranates.