I hope you’ve all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends, feasting on all sorts of goodness (and naughty treats)! Because if there’s ever an occasion to over indulge in food it’s probably this time of year, right? Well as the holidays come to an end, and new years resolutions cause gym memberships to rise ten fold, let’s continue to fuel our bodies right by eating loads of fresh, colourful, nutritious food.
This is such an easy recipe which you can whip up in the quickest time (given you have the pesto on hand). Even the kale macadamia pesto only takes a few minutes to make. Fresh, simple, and vibrant with green goodness. Zucchini noodles are definitely a go-to meal for me.
Here’s to an incredible new year – 2015 is going to be amazing, I can feel it already!
- 2 zucchinis
- ⅓ cup green peas (ready to eat)
- ⅓ cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons of kale macadamia pesto
- sea salt
- Use a spiralizer (or julienne peeler) to make noodles with the zucchini.
- Blanche the snow peas in boiling water for 30 seconds, until vibrant and green.
- In a bowl, mix together the noodles, both types of peas & pesto.
- Add salt to taste if needed. Can be served cold, or gently warmed by stir frying.