I know that I’ve only just posted my Sun dried Tomato & Cashew Pesto recipe. However, given the speed at which that disappeared, and due to my impending pesto separation anxiety (or sepanx to all you cool kids), I was obliged to whip up another one ASAP. This time I’ve used the mother of all greens (kale of course) and macadamias. It’s the first time I’ve used kale in pesto, and to my surprise it turned out to be quite peppery, which complimented the rich creaminess of the macadamia perfectly.
I used this pesto this morning as a spread on a fresh baguette, topped with some juicy roasted tomatoes! It would also be great with pasta, or as a dip with some crudités.
- 1 ½ cups kale
- ½ cup of basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup macadamias
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- sea salt
- Place all ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients are well combined.
- Run the food processor and slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.