Oh I think you’re gonna like this one. When I whipped up my first batch of this magical cream it disappeared very, very quickly. In fact, I didn’t even technically “whip it” as I don’t have a mixer at the moment. I improvised and used my good old food processor. It worked great and I now have a new guilty pleasure – coconut milk whipped cream! I haven’t been eating much dairy recently and was looking for an alternative for my desserts. Coconut has a natural sweetness to it, so no need to add loads of sugar either.
Perfect for desserts, as a side with some fruit, or on top of a smoothie! Ob-sessed!
- 1 can of coconut cream (don't use a 'light' version)
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- Leave the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight. This will allow the cream to solidify and separate from the water.
- Discard the water (or save it for a smoothie!) and put the cream into the food processor.
- Add the maple syrup and blend for a minute or two. That's it! Store in an airtight jar in the fridge.