It was a sweltering 39 degrees in Manila yesterday! I’m not complaining – I’ll take sunshine over rain any day. Perfect weather for these dairy & and refined sugar free popsicles! I’m so glad to finally share this recipe with you – it’s one of my favourite desserts to date. Hope you enjoy them as much as much as I did, they’re a great a treat for both kids and adults alike! For me, mangoes are ideal for desserts as they’re so naturally sweet that they barely require any sweetener. This recipe makes 6 popsicles, so there’s only 1/2 a TEAspoon of maple syrup in each one – that’s it! I think I’ll be making a strawberry version next. What would you recommend?
- 1 large mango (or 2 small)
- 1 can coconut cream (left in the fridge overnight)
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- Open the can of coconut cream left in the fridge overnight. Gently scoop out the solidified cream and discard the left over water. This should make about 1 cup of cream.
- Scoop out the flesh from the mango and puree with 1 teaspoon of maple syrup and half a cup of the coconut cream. Set aside.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of maple syrup with the other half of the coconut cream, as well as the vanilla bean paste. Puree or blend in a food processor.
- To create the marbled effect in the popsicles, fill the moulds in alternate layers of mango and coconut. I ran a chopstick down the inside of the moulds to create some extra swirls.