Cauliflower was never a vegetable I found to be particularly inspiring. I’d always pass by them at the market, not really knowing what to do with them. So this week I decided to buy one just to force myself to get a bit creative and to make something new. Well, I’m so glad I did because this dish has totally changed my opinion of cauliflower. I’m now obsessed! I know I say I’m obsessed with something nearly every week, but seriously, this is awesome. It only takes 20 minutes to make and it’s such a great snack when you’re craving something salty. Garlicky spicy crunchy goodness.
What’s equally amazing is that as we’re snacking on veggies, there are health benefits! I was surprised to learn that cauliflower is actually great source of vitamin C which supports our immune system and protects us from harmful free radicals. What a great little snack. They go really well with a handful of sultanas. Enjoy!
- 1 medium sized cauliflower
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp flour (I used buckwheat flour)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut off the stem and divide the cauliflower into small florets.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut oil with the salt, spices, garlic and flour.
- Add the florets to the bowl and mix well, until evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with paper and roast the cauliflower for 15-20 minutes, giving them a good shuffle half way through.